TCPPL ( TCP Packet Logger )
Last version: 2.0 beta 7 released in 6 July 2002
This was one of my first important personal projects. It was developed around 2001-2002, I haven’t been working on this project since then. It was my first big Delphi application and learned a lot during this time, especially about TCP internals & networking. While it had a simple interface, there was a lot happening in the back.
The original page follows:
- Logs TCP packets that pass on a network. Works under Windows 9x, Me, 2000, XP.
- Save, load packets to files
- View packet headers
- Supports tcpdump filter expressions
- Filter by IP address, port, data content
- Actions (eg: start a program when a specific packet is logged)
- TCP connections reconstruction
- UDP, ICMP support
TCPPL is using WinPcap driver for logging packets, so you have to install it in order to use TCPPL:
It is not necesary to restart your computer after installing this driver, TCPPL will dynamicaly load the driver.
It’s important to know that if you are logging on an ethernet adapter you will log packets from the whole network, not only packets with your ip address as destination. I will not be held responsible if you are using this program in illegal activities. If you can’t use the program to log from a dialup adapter in Win NT/2k/XP read http://winpcap.polito.it/misc/dialup.htm